The following organizations regularly offer workshops and training events in the San Francisco Bay Area:
ALAMEDA COUNTY CONSERVATION PARTNERSHIP
- Technical Species Workshops – TBD
- The Conservation Partnership routinely offers workshops on California tiger salamander and California red-legged frog, as well as other species of importance in the region.
- Please check their website for more information.
THE AUDUBON SOCIETY - GOLDEN GATE CHAPTER
- Beginning Birdwatching, Evening Session
- Beginning Birdwatching, Daytime Session
- Advanced Beginning Birdwatching
- Birding by Ear, Early Spring
- Please check their website for additional classes.
CALIFORNIA CENTER FOR NATURAL HISTORY
- Weed, The Moke River and Your Water
- Bioblitz of Threatened Amador Canal
CALIFORNIA NATIVE PLANT SOCIETY - MARINE CHAPTER
- Plant ID Workshop at SFSU
Every second Thursday, 6:00 -7:30 pm
- Ecology of the California Red-legged Frog Workshop
- Ecology of the California Tiger Salamander Workshop
LAGUNA DE SANTA ROSA FOUNDATION
- California Tiger Salamander Terrestrial Ecology Workshop
- Rare Pond Species Survey Techniques Workshop
UC BERKELEY "HERP GROUP"
Herp Group is a graduate-level seminar series based on current and recent herpetological research.
Each meeting will begin with a review of recent publications. The body of each meeting will consist of a presentation or led discussion by a participant or invited guest. Presentation of manuscripts and research plans for comment is encouraged. The seminar meets during the academic year, every other Monday from 7-9 pm in the Grinnell-Miller Library. Contact Dr. Jim Guire email@example.com for more information.
WILDLIFE RESEARCH WORKSHOPS
Wildlife Studies – Live Trapping, Morphometrics, IR Camera Surveys, and Radio Telemetry Workshop
A tailored learning experience for wildlife studies with a particular emphasis on one California Fully Protected mammal, the Ringtail. Live-trapping, sedation and morphometric measures, radio telemetry, and wildlife cameras are studied. This is a unique opportunity for training in wildlife in the wildlands of the Sutter Buttes. To register, contact Dave Wyatt at: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE WILDLIFE SOCIETY - SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA CHAPTER
Tracking workshop at Fort Ord Natural Reserve.
THE WILDLIFE SOCIETY - SACRAMENTO-SHASTA CHAPTER
No event information is available at this time